And Why Should I Drink Green Smoothies?
The health benefits of drinking green smoothies are numerous. You may be asking yourself though, just what exactly is a green smoothie? Green smoothies are a delicious way to get your veggies and fruits each day.
1. They aid in digestion. Green smoothies are packed full of fiber which will help you in s becoming and staying regular. Healthy, daily bowel movements help flush out the colon. The key is to focus on ingredients that help digestion such as ginger, lemon, avocados, and cucumbers. Once your digestion is back on track, you may also notice an increase in your energy levels.
2. They help alkalize the body. Many of the foods you eat can actually alter the pH balance of your body. When the pH balance is out of whack and the body is full of acid, you become more prone to diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Green smoothies are an excellent way to flush toxins out of the body and balance pH.
3. They are an easy way to eat healthier. Let’s face it. Eating healthy can be a challenge and often times, a person has no idea where to start. Green smoothies are an easy stepping stone into a healthier lifestyle. By adding one or two smoothies a day, you can begin retraining your taste buds to curb sugar cravings.
4. They can help you lose weight. As you begin eating healthier, you will naturally begin to lose weight. For many people, losing a few pounds can be such a moral boost that they will continue on a journey of weight loss.
5. They can be an avenue for reducing your consumption of processed food. Prepackaged food and processed food are some of the worst things for your body. These so-called foods are laden with chemicals that you can not even pronounce. You wouldn’t swallow a spoonful of chemicals, right? Why would you want them added to your food? Green smoothies are raw, vegan, and 100% natural.
Among the many benefits of drinking green smoothies, the most important one is that you will be practicing self care. Have fun and try as many recipes that you can! Soon, green smoothies will be a regular part of your daily routine.
Cucumber Orange Delight 1 cup water ½ cucumber, peeled 1 orange, peeled 1 cup pineapple 2 handfuls leafy greens, rinsed
Cherry Banana Explosion 2 cups water 2 cups cherries 1 banana, peeled 2 handfuls leafy greens, rinsed
Tropical Smoothie 2 cups water 2 cups mango ½ lemon, peeled 1 banana, peeled 2 handfuls leafy greens, rinsed
Summer Dream 1 cup water 1 cup peaches 1 cup raspberries 1 banana, peeled 2 handfuls leafy greens, rinsed
Ginger Surprise 1 cup almond milk 2 bananas 2 apples ½ inch piece ginger, peeled 2 handfuls leafy greens, rinsed